Friday 10 October 2014

Autumn Favourites 2014

Friday 10 October 2014

If there's one thing that always seems to happen at the end of the month, it's shopping.


As soon as payday hits, I feel like it's some kind of ritual you have to go through and I have to make stops at all of my favourite places, like Lush and Boots.

This month I was buying loads of stuff for Autumn and rediscovering old favourites as the leaves got crispier and the nights got darker.

I quite like it when the air gets colder because it tends to dry up my skin a little, whereas normally I'm sporting a shiny face from the get-go!

So, here's a small handful of products, old and new, that I've been loving this Autumn so far...

Zoella Beauty - Soak Opera & Fizz Bar


Soak Opera & Fizz Bar

Last week, blogger and YouTube vlogger Zoella launched her own line of bath products in Superdrug stores across the UK and online. Having watched Zoe's videos and been a fan of hers for about 3 or 4 years, I had to get my hands on some stuff ASAP!

Unfortunately, I was sad to see that pretty much the entire line was sold out the four times I tried to purchase items from it, so I had to time it pretty carefully.

Eventually, as you can see above, I got my hands on the 'Soak Opera' bath soak and shower cream and my favourite thing ever this month, the 'Fizz Bar'. As soon as my order arrived I ran a hot bath and was pretty damn pleased with the result.

I'm often sceptical about the quality of these kinds of 'celebrity' products, but I wasn't disappointed! It may as well have just come from Lush! 

Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette


Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette

I'm a pretty hardcore fan of my Naked 3 palette and Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, but I thought it was time for something new. This palette has about a billion looks in one. In terms of colour, it is extremely similar to a mix of the Naked palettes, it being neutral tones, however I think I actually prefer this set of shadows!

The texture and colour pay-off is so pretty, plus in terms of the shimmery shades, there's none of that clumpy glittery effect, nor the 'I feel like there's nothing going on' result.

I'm really loving mixing the pinks and browns at the moment and the creamy white in there is an excellent brow and inner corner highlight too.

It's not much of a cheap investment, however I really feel like this is a staple that could do you well for a long time to come.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

With this product, a little will go an awfully long way!

I'm usually shit-scared about putting anything oily on my face, because my skin is so oily all-year-round, but this is something else. I picked this same bottle up in Space NK about a year ago and keep forgetting I have it.

Weirdly, whenever I get a particularly bad breakout, this is what I reach for. A couple of drops on your face in the most affected areas before you go to sleep and there you go. As soon as you wake up you can tell the difference!


REN Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel


REN Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel

I'm so bad at trying new cleansers, so this comes as more of a trusted, reliable favourite than something new this month.

For the longest time, I would use my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and then I found this. It smells nice, it feels nice, it does the job.

I use this every morning and most nights, unless I can't be bothered and I go for my Garnier Micellar Water.

My skin has never broken out because of this and although it is pricey, it's worth the money if you're looking for a high-end treat you can get a lot of use out of!

Fudge Urban Iced Tropical Cocktail Miracle Ends


Fudge Urban Miracle Ends

Fudge in general, are fantastic when it comes to haircare.

The Fudge Urban range however, hosts all of my favourite ever hair products. I swear by pretty much everything from this range, but this is a relatively new find that I've only used in the last few weeks.

I own their 3-in-1 Moisture Stuff which is quite similar, though this comes in more of a gel cream. Everything Fudge smells bloody amazing and this is no different, it honestly gives you that all-day pleasant aroma!

In terms of what it does for your hair, I've always found my split ends a lot easier to hide with this - and believe it or not, my hair seems to get a lot less greasy after 2 days of wear and tear. Hmm...

Paolo Nutini - Iron Sky


Paolo Nutini 'Iron Sky'

I'm pretty sure anyone who knows me can vouch for the fact that I fricking love Paolo Nutini.

From debut 'These Streets', I've always been a huge fan of his, so when he disappeared for about 4 years, I was so disappointed at the lack of new music from him.

A good while ago now, he re-appeared with a few new songs and the instant I watched his Abbey Road performance of Iron Sky, I was completely sold.

The thing I love about Paolo is the raw emotion and feeling in every single lyric he writes and sings. I saw him, quite drunkenly, at T in the Park this year and will be seeing him at The Hydro, Glasgow, near the end of October.

He is the best live and this song means so much right now, ah, if I spoke internet, I'd be going 'I can't even'...

Hot Chocolate


Cup from my Secret Santa at work last year

It's a bit random, but as soon as the weather gets colder, I get this urge to be constantly cosy with a mug of tea or hot chocolate to hand.

Unfortunately my local Starbucks have neglected to bring back my favourite and the best drink ever (disclaimer: this has not yet been confirmed) yet, Salted Caramel Mocha's, so I've had to make do on my own!

I made this at work on Monday and oh my god, it was the best thing ever.

I'm a Cadbury's fan, and to me, what's better to perk your afternoon up if you're feeling a bit down in the dumps?

'Dragon, Fly!' App


Dragon, Fly! (Free)

Lastly, another random one.

About 2 or 3 years ago, I was obsessed. I had to get to the next realm.

This app took over my life and last week, I made the mistake of downloading it once more and now, again, I can't stop playing it.

I got the free version because I'm a cheapskate and have never paid for an app on my phone in my life. Not even sure how it works to be honest, but I think this is available on Android and iPhone's for free or you can buy the full version.

You probably shouldn't, it's really addictive.


Random Favourites


TV: CSI - it's back in the states and the new series looks so fricking good!

Music: Paolo Nutini - I'm seeing him at the end of October for the 3rd time.

Film: About Time - I came across this in my DVD collection and I love Domhnall Gleeson.

Food: Mashed Potato - my craving for it has returned and Tony Macaroni's do a good'un!

Drink: Lipton Ice Tea - I am obsessed.

Well, anyway, this has been a long one, mainly 'cause of images, but oh well...

Hope you enjoyed the post and thanks for reading!




No comments :

Post a Comment